Enterprise Architecture (EA) provides the structure and processes that ensure business-IT alignment, especially during times of rapid change. EA is all about planning and strategy that results in well-designed, cost-efficient technology solutions.
In a Nutshell
- EA creates understanding, effectively communicating to leadership, business stakeholders, funding sources, and solution designers
- Business strategies come to the forefront of IT decision making
- EA provides structure for designing solutions that reduce total cost of ownership
- EA enables business innovation. Solutions built by applying concepts such as “scalability”, “service oriented” and “strategic” have the best long-term business outcome
- EA prepares us for technological change. A sound architecture sets the stage to capitalize on the benefits of newer technology
Cool video: Why Enterprise Architecture? by Mastering ArchiMate
“Digital” image courtesy of Pixomar/FreeDigitalPhotos.net.